Hi everyone! Erica and I are super excited to announce that we have welcomed a new co-blogger!
Some of you may have seen our co-blogger search a while back and there were a bunch of really amazing applicants and it was SO hard to narrow down and pick someone to join our Novel Ink team. We are so happy to say that we have asked Madalyn to come aboard and I think you guys will love her! She’s such an awesome person and I can already tell that she will fit in perfect with Erica and I!
We wanted to do a little interview type post so you all can get to know Madalyn a little better, so here goes:
- First I want to say welcome to Novel Ink, Madalyn! We are so happy to have you as part of our team! So to start this interview off, is there anything you would like to say to the Novel Ink readers?
Thank you, ladies! I’m so happy to be here. Hello everyone! I guess I just want to say how excited I am to be a part of Novel Ink! I’ve been enjoying the blog as a reader for a few months now, and it has been so much fun working with Christy and Erica so far. I’ve been a reader all my life, but I am completely new to book blogging, so I’m excited to interact with this wonderful community and to share my thoughts on books with you all!
- What are the top 3 books that you are constantly recommending? Ooh, this is a tough one. I’m notorious in my friend group for being a book pusher. As far as fiction goes, I would probably say The Raven Cycle Quartet by Maggie Stiefvater, the Mistborn trilogy by Brandon Sanderson, and, recently, Black Iris by Elliot Wake (published as Leah Raeder).
- What are your favorite genres to read? My favorite genres are fantasy, historical fiction, and thriller. I’ve also been reading a lot of contemporaries over the past few months, probably because they make the perfect summer/vacation reads.
- Here at Novel Ink we are big fans of Netflix, so what are some of your favorite TV shows? I don’t watch a ton of Netflix, but when I fall for a TV show, I fall hard. Some of my favorites include Jane the Virgin, Parks and Recreation, 30 Rock, and House of Cards. I love comedies and political dramas!
- We do love Netflix here, but we also love snacks/food, what are some of your guilty pleasures? MEXICAN FOOD! I also really love sour candy. Oh, and I work in a tea shop, so you will almost always find me with a cup of coffee or tea in hand.
- Do you have any bookish pet peeves? I think my biggest pet peeve is just, like, anti-feminist tropes in general (some highlights of this category include: the “manic pixie dream girl” and the abusive “bad boy”). Oh, and this is kind of specific, but I also hate when the love interests in a series are separated in the second book in the trilogy/series (it happens more often than you’d think!). And, of course, the ever-hated instalove.
- What are some pet peeves outside of the book world that you may have? Hmm… I’m a pretty organized person, so any kind of messiness or disorganization is probably my number one pet peeve.
this or that
- E-Reader or Physical? I like both, but I find that I read faster on my e-reader!
- Rain or Sunshine? Rain (with a cup of coffee and a good book, please).
- Contemporary or Fantasy? Tough one! Probably fantasy.
- Sweet or Salty? Salty!
- Twitter or Facebook? Twitter, definitely (I’m @hellomadalyn, if you want to follow me there!).
would you rather
- Would you rather have unlimited funds for books or an extra day just for reading? I would probably choose unlimited funds for books! I’ve gotten pretty good at using any free time I find during the day as reading time.
- Would you rather live in The Hunger Games world or Game of Thrones? Game of Thrones! (Mostly because I want to be best friends with Margaery Tyrell.)
- Would you rather never have pizza the rest of your life or never have sweets? How could you even ask me such a cruel question?! I guess never have pizza, because I’d only be giving up one food instead of an entire family of foods.
- Would you rather read only trilogies or standalones? I think I’d prefer standalones!
- Would you rather only watch tv shows or movies? I’m not a huge movie person, so definitely TV shows!
Thanks so much for the questions, Christy and Erica! I had fun answering them. 🙂 If you guys have any other questions for me, feel free to leave them in the comments or tweet me! Again, I’m so thrilled to be a part of Novel Ink, and I look forward to talking to y’all again in my first post!