Novel Rewind is our version of a wrap-up post, where we discuss what we read and what we’ve been up to during the past month, as well as what’s ahead in the coming month.
new on the blog
- [2 Oct] Madalyn’s October TBR + Most-Anticipated Releases!
- [9 Oct] Quarterly Reading Wrap-Up: July-September 2017
- [12 Oct] Fall Book Releases I’m NOT Going to Buy! | Anti-Haul (1)
- [4 Oct] Waiting on Wednesday: Final Draft by Riley Redgate
- [5 Oct] Finally Fall Book Tag!
- [16 Oct] Non-Bookish: Fall-Themed Q&A!
- [17 Oct] Top Ten Tuesday: Books that Made Me Hungry
- [24 Oct] Top Ten Tuesday: Unique Book Titles
- [25 Oct] Waiting on Wednesday: In Her Skin by Kim Savage
- [28 Oct] Madalyn’s Favorite Mysteries | October Monthly Recommendations
- [31 Oct] All About Halloween Book Tag!
our most anticipated november release
The end of the year always tends to see a slow-down in new releases, but I am excited for this one!
I have an ARC that I still was supposed to read last month, but that didn’t happen, oops.
venturing around the blogosphere
Check out these posts from other creators we loved this month! <3
- Inge @ Of Wonderland writes about those times when your mental illness makes you the “difficult” one for #ShatteringStigmas
- Author Paula Stokes has a wonderful #ShatteringStigmas guest post @ Stay on the Page featuring tips for helping your loved ones in your life who have anxiety
- Holly @ Nut Free Nerd shows us her favorite libraries she’s discovered while studying abroad at Oxford
- A. J. @ Lacy Literary calls on readers to stop unintentionally outing LGBTQIAP+ authors for the sake of #ownvoices
- Alexa @ Alexa Loves Books creates a “capsule library”
- Victoria @ Latte Nights Reviews gives some tips for participating in 24-hour readathons
- Marisa @ LittleSpider9 shares advice for non-readers who want to get into reading
- Lila @ Hardcover Haven wonders where the witches are in YA fiction (me, too!)
And now for a little shameless self promo… both of us here at Novel Ink did guest posts for #ShatteringStigmas this month. You can read Bee’s post about living with BPD and AVPD and her hospital treatment over on Of Wonderland. Madalyn’s post about taking the important step of asking for help with your mental illnesses can be found on It Starts at Midnight. (Thanks to Inge and Shannon, respectively, for having us!) Madalyn also did a guest post for Fortnight of Fright sharing some of her go-to Halloween reading recommendations, which you can read over at Amy’s blog, Tripping Over Books.
every book read this month
life & what’s happening
I have one question: where did October go??? This month in particular seemed to fly past. We finally started getting some fall weather here in the South toward the end of the month, which has been nice! I attended a book event at my local indie bookstore every single week this month– it was amazing! I got to meet so many of my favorite authors (*ahem* Kerri Maniscalco and Anna-Marie McLemore), as well as see some of my favorites again, like Nic Stone and Angie Thomas. My choir also had our fall concert this month, which went amazingly well. And, of course, October had no shortage of Halloween festivities! My friends and I had our annual Halloweekend party this weekend, which was, of course, a blast. I hope you’ve all had a wonderful, spooktacular month!
With the absolutely lovely Anna-Marie McLemore at the Fierce Reads fall tour // Celebrating the launch of Dear Martin with my fave fellow ATL bookish lady, Nic Stone!
November is gonna be BUSY. Two of my good friends are getting married this month, and I’m a bridesmaid in one of the weddings (which, of course, also means I’ll be attending a bachelorette weekend. we rented an Airbnb in the North Georgia mountains for three days, and I’m so pumped.). And then, since I have a week off school for Thanksgiving, I’m going to London for three days!!! This is a yearly tradition my dad and I started when I was in middle school. He used to live in London, and he has definitely passed his love of that magical city on to me. I’m excited to visit some of my old favorite spots, discover some new gems, and even meet up with some blogging friends while there!
king of the month
It’s no surprise that I loved this, considering Libba Bray is my favorite author and The Diviners is my favorite ongoing series. However, what is surprising is just how excellent this third installment in the series is. Before the Devil Breaks You is by far the best book yet, and I just cannot wait to see how this story wraps up in the final book. Also, I’ve said this a million times, but the audiobooks for this series are INCREDIBLE, seriously.
How was your October? Any exciting November plans? Tell us all about the best book you read this month in the comments!