Another month gone! Summer, here we come. Read on to see what we’ve been up to in reading and life in May!
new on the blog
- [1 May] Seeking Mansfield (Seeking Mansfield, #1) by Kate Watson ★★★
- [4 May] The Names They Gave Us by Emery Lord ★★★★★
- [11 May] The Love Interest by Cale Dietrich ★★★★½
- [12 May] The Shadow Cipher by Laura Ruby ★★★★
- [18 May] Second Kiss (Violet Hill #1) by Chelsea M. Cameron ★★★
- [18 May] Haven (Beards & Bondage, #1) by Rebekah Weatherspoon ★★★★½
- [18 May] Fearless by Shira Glassman ★★★★
- [19 May] Follow Me Back by A.V. Geiger ★★★
- [22 May] One of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus ★★★
- [25 May] Style by Chelsea M. Cameron ★★★½
- [29 May] The Love Interest by Cale Dietrich ★★★
our most anticipated june release(s)
venturing around the blogosphere
Check out these posts from other bloggers we loved this month! <3
- Kourtni @ Kourtni Reads makes an excellent argument in favor of trigger warnings in books
- Ariel @ Ariel Bissett takes us on a tour of her favorite bookshops in London
- Jamie @ The Perpetual Page-Turner writes a stunning, heartfelt review of The Names They Gave Us by Emery Lord
- Trisha @ Paperback Primadonna ponders the “three-star graveyard”
- Grace @ Rebel Mommy Book Blog discusses the ARC conundrum all book bloggers face
- Avery @ The Book Deviant points out 17 harmful books we should probably stop promoting
- Jordyn @ Jordz the Bibliophile talks about the role of age in the YA community
- Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight lists some fears that are too real for book bloggers
- Lauren @ Bookmark Lit reviews one of Madalyn’s all-time favorite trilogies for her Nostalgia Project series
every book read this month
life & what’s happening
This month was a blur! I had my last final on May 1st, and ever since then I’ve pretty much settled into my summer routine. I did get to go visit my parents in Florida for a long weekend, which was a lot of fun. Other than that, I’ve really just been working and spending time with friends and family this month. Life has been kind of uneventful, but also things are going really well. So, yay!
May was a rough month for me mentally. I’ve started therapy, am looking into something else, a more intensive therapy, am taking my meds… I haven’t been able to resume my job or find a new one yet. So that kind of put a damper on my mood as well. My reading month overall was pretty average to bad, except I finally had one 5 star read at the end, so that made me happy. I was also able to recharge at the beach, which was heavenly.
My best friend has a Georgia Aquarium season pass, so she and I went during our first week of summer. It was one of the best trips to the aquarium I’ve ever had (and I’ve been there about a bajillion times). This picture was taken in the main viewing room, which is normally PACKED with people, but my bff and I were the only ones in the room this particular day!
I went to the beach with my best friend for a weekend and it totally helped empty my mind and relax for a bit. I was able to forget my worries for a few days and was totally free for a little while. My best friend took this picture and I am still proud of myself for coming up with the idea for this post and find that the picture ended up great. It is now my profile picture everywhere. Yay!
The first two weeks of this month, I’ll be touring Austria and Germany with my choir! I am so beyond excited. I’ll shut up about this now, because I’ve been talking about this trip nonstop since I auditioned for the touring choir (but, I mean, I get to go to Europe FOR FREE with all my best friends to do something I love, and that’s PRETTY FREAKING COOL okay I’m done now). Anyway, my online summer class starts the week I get home. As for the rest of June, I definitely will be working, but I’m also trying to plan some travel. Stay tuned to see if any of that actually happens.
Well… other than proceeding with my meds and therapy and hoping I find a job, I don’t really have any immediate plans. I’ll probably go check out Wonder Woman at some point. Here’s hoping I survive the month.
king of the month
How was your month? Did you read any awesome books or do anything fun? What are your plans for June? Let’s chat in the comments!