Another month gone! Read on to find out what we’ve been up to in reading and life during the month of March! Christy and Erica are still on a blogging break, so it’s just me (Madalyn) here for the wrap-up this month.
new on the blog
- [2 Mar] The Inexplicable Logic of My Life by Benjamin Alire Sáenz ★★★
- [3 Mar] A Good Idea by Cristina Moracho ★★★
- [6 Mar] The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli ★★★★★
- [9 Mar] Queens of Geek by Jen Wilde ★★★★★
- [17 Mar] Noteworthy by Riley Redgate ★★★★★
- [20 Mar] The King of Bourbon Street (NOLA Nights, #1) by Thea de Salle ★★★½
- [20 Mar] The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis ★★★★½
- [20 Mar] We Are Okay by Nina LaCour ★★★
- [20 Mar] The Melody of You and Me (Lillac Town, #1) by M. Hollis ★★★½
- [20 Mar] The Heartbeats of Wing Jones by Katherine Webber ★★★
- [30 Mar] Audiobook Blog Tour + Review: Timekeeper by Tara Sim ★★★★
our most anticipated april release(s)
(Okay, so I’ve already read Upside, but I’m just so stoked for it to officially be out in the world.)
venturing around the blogosphere
Check out these posts we loved this month! <3
- Carmen @ YA Wednesdays dedicates this bookish post to the state of Florida (my honorary home state, since my parents recently moved there), in honor of its birthday
- The Honest Book Club discusses book trends that need to stop
- Tasya @ The Literary Huntress poses the question as to what our perspective is while reading
- Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight talks about her evolution as a book blogger
- Molly @ Molly’s Book Nook presents five ways you can make other bloggers smile
- CW @ Read, Think, Ponder discusses characters with “difficult” names
- Jo @ Once Upon a Bookcase wonders why people feel the need to read racist books for themselves
- Ava @ Bookishness & Tea compiled a wonderful list of marginalized book bloggers you should be following
every book read this month
This wasn’t the best reading month for me in terms of the number of books I read, but I did really enjoy these!
life & what’s happening
March has been a crazy-busy month for me! It’s kind of been the Month of Choir– not that that’s not already every month of my life, but March has been even more so. My university choir has been rehearsing non-stop to prepare for our choir tour and an international choir competition we’re competing in in Germany this summer (you can donate to help make this trip possible here!). I also traveled to Minneapolis for the American Choral Directors Association National Conference earlier this month, which was so, so fun. Plus, we’ve had multiple concerts this month. In non-choir news, I celebrated my 21st birthday and spent some much-needed time at home over spring break. The weather has also been gorgeous recently, which makes life more fun.
I’ve been really happy with my Instagram this month, for once! Y’all should know by now that I don’t do Bookstagram, but I’ve had a lot of cool experiences this month that made my personal Insta a lot more interesting. My favorite photos are probably the ones my friends and I took in front of this music wall in Minneapolis during ACDA, though.
April is shaping up to be another busy month. Luckily, though, it’s my last month of school for this semester! SO CLOSE to being done with my junior year of college. Speaking of which, my junior voice recital is next week, and I’m really, really excited about it. In the bookish world, I’ll be participating in the Very Arc-ish Readathon this month, so I’m hoping to put a dent in my ever-growing pile of e-ARCs. I’m also planning on going to a few bookish events in April– one for the release of Becky Albertalli’s newest book, one for Girl Out of Water by Laura Silverman, and one for Geekerella by Ashley Poston!
king of the month
This book was EVERYTHING, guys. Go preorder it ASAP!
How was your March? Did you read any incredible books or do anything fun? What are your plans for April? Tell me in the comments!
Latest posts by Madalyn (see all)
- Madalyn’s Novel Rewind (14) - April 22, 2017
- Duels and Deception by Cindy Anstey - April 20, 2017
- Waiting on Wednesday: That Inevitable Victorian Thing by E. K. Johnston - April 19, 2017