Novel Rewind is our version of a wrap-up post, where we discuss what we read and what we’ve been up to during the past month, as well as what’s ahead in the coming month.
new on the blog
- [1 Jun] I Believe in a Thing Called Love by Maurene Goo ★★★
- [9 Jun] Our Chemical Hearts by Krystal Sutherland ★★★★★
- [21 Jun] Final Girls by Riley Sager ★★★★
- [22 Jun] Aftercare Instructions by Bonnie Pipkin ★★★★
- [26 Jun] Lord of Shadows (The Dark Artifices, #2) by Cassandra Clare ★★★★★
- [26 Jun] Down Among the Sticks and Bones (Wayward Children, #2) by Seanan McGuire ★★★★★
- [26 Jun] Our Dark Duet (Monsters of Verity, #2) by Victoria Schwab ★★★★
our most anticipated july release
venturing around the blogosphere
Check out these posts from other bloggers we loved this month! <3
- Emily @ Possibly Literate theorizes about what Hermione Granger’s favorite books would be
- Fadwa @ Word Wonders ponders whether reviewers have a responsibility to readers
- Lauren @ SERIESous Book Reviews makes a case for reading your book purchases ASAP
- Ava @ Bookishness & Tea writes a wonderful guest post on finding representation in books
- Alina @ Tall Tales talks about lessons learned through leaving BookTube and coming back
- Lauren @ Bookmark Lit recommends Sarah Dessen books for all types of readers
- Mikaela @ The Well-Thumbed Reader gives tips on writing the perfect discussion post
- Cristina @ Girl in the Pages discusses YA for different age ranges
every book read this month
life & what’s happening
I honestly have no idea where June went. I think because I was traveling at both the beginning and end of the month, it just seemed to fly by! At the beginning of the month, I was in Austria and Germany with my choir (winning a hugely prestigious international choir competition, nbd), and I just got back from New York, Northern Ireland, and Ireland. I had so much fun in New York celebrating Pride, seeing Bandstand on Broadway, and generally getting to spend time in one of my favorite cities. I absolutely fell in love with Northern Ireland and Belfast in particular, and I enjoyed my second time in the Republic of Ireland, too.
June was a tough month for me. I struggled a lot mentally… Reading wise it was very up and down. I had a few really good reads, but also a couple of meh books and some I still don’t know what to make off. I didn’t include re-reads in the above list or books I didn’t finish. So. Anyway… not much really happened. I went to see Wonder Woman, which is awesome. But other than that… pretty quiet month for me, as usual.
I couldn’t pick just one photo this month! I had so many wonderful experiences and explored too many beautiful places to narrow it down.
With my best friend in Salzburg, Austria // The gorgeous, real-life Disney castle of Neuschwanstein
Walking with the Delta group in New York Pride // Standing in the Dark Hedges in Northern Ireland (aka the Kingsroad Arya travels down in Season 2 of Game of Thrones!)
Hopefully my life will settle down a little? Don’t get me wrong, all the traveling I did in June was amazing, but I would like to be home for a bit and get in some hours at work while I can. I definitely want to go visit my parents in Florida this month, though! Also on the agenda for July: celebrate the 4th with my friends and read as many of my fall 2017 ARCs as possible.
I started a new treatment at the hospital on Monday the 3rd. This is kind of an outpatient treatment for psychotherapy and it’s 4 days a week from 9am to 4pm and it has a mix of indivudual therapy, group therapy, relaxation therapy and other things. That’s the main thing for me this month. Next to that I also celebrate my birthday at the end. So. Hurray?
king of the month
How was your month? Did you read any awesome books or do anything fun? What are your plans for July? Let’s chat in the comments!
Latest posts by Madalyn (see all)
- How I Read 170 Books in a Year (Or, Tips on How to Read More) - January 19, 2018
- Waiting on Wednesday: Bygone Badass Broads by Mackenzi Lee - January 17, 2018
- Weekly Novel Rewind (21) - January 14, 2018