Novel Rewind is our version of a wrap-up post, where we discuss what we read and what we’ve been up to during the past month, as well as what’s ahead in the coming month.
new on the blog
- [6 Jul] Mask of Shadows (Untitled #1) by Linsey Miller ★★★★
- [20 Jul] Lucky in Love by Kasie West ★★★★
- [27 Jul] The Girl with the Red Balloon (The Balloonmakers, #1) by Katherine Locke ★★★★★
our most anticipated august release
venturing around the blogosphere
Check out these posts from other bloggers we loved this month! <3
- Fadwa @ Word Wonders discusses why diversity in books is important
- Avery @ Book Deviant calls for publishers to do better at giving ARCs to #OwnVoices reviewers
- Holly @ Nut Free Nerd lists ten types of summer readers (I’m 100% the summer socialite)
- Laura @ Green Tea & Paperbacks provides a helpful guide to requesting physical ARCs as an international reader
- Taryn @ A Sunlit Library discusses pressure in the online book community
- A. J. @ Lacy Literary talks book signing etiquette
- Liv @ Curly Hair Bibliophile explains how to host a traveling book
- Jen @ The Bookavid notes ten bookish things that make readers happy
every book read this month
Um, yeah, I got A LOT of reading done this month. I don’t know how this happened, either.
life & what’s happening
July was a giant blur of reading, work, and travel (the theme of my summer this far, tbh). I visited my parents in Florida for a few days, and I’m about to go home for another couple days. Mostly, I just hung out around my apartment, read A LOT of books, and hung out with friends. I did get my bridesmaid dress for my best friend’s wedding happening this November, so that’s exciting! The end of this month was tainted with the stress of finding an apartment for next year and getting school stuff sorted out, but I thankfully got all of that resolved, so now I can breathe a little easier!
The title page for Wild Beauty is sooooo gorgeous!
I’ve honestly been dreading August, because I am so, so unexcited about this semester of school. But I’m trying to find the silver linings, because I want my senior year of college to be fun. I don’t start school again until the 21st, so I have a few weeks of summer left to enjoy. I’m planning on spending some time at the beach with my parents, going to visit some of my bookish friends IRL, and just spending as much time as possible with my friends here in Atlanta. Plus, I’m participating in #ARCAugust and Make Me Read It, so I should get some quality reading in this month!
king of the month
I mean, this was such a clear choice. GO PREORDER THIS BOOK.
How was your month? Did you read any awesome books or do anything fun? What are your plans for August? Let’s chat in the comments!