Another month, another monthly rewind post! We can’t believe it’s March already. Here’s what we’ve been up to in reading and life over the past month!
new on the blog
- [1 Feb] The 100: The Complete Boxed Set (1-4) by Kass Morgan
- [9 Feb] 10 Things I Can See from Here by Carrie Mac ★★★
- [13 Feb] You Don't Know My Name (The Black Angel Chronicles #1) by Kristen Orlando ★★★★
- [16 Feb] Here We Are by Kelly Jensen ★★★★½
- [17 Feb] He Will Be My Ruin by K.A. Tucker ★★★★½
- [20 Feb] The Roanoke Girls by Amy Engel ★★★
- [23 Feb] Goodbye Days by Jeff Zentner ★★★½
our most anticipated March release
venturing around the blogosphere
Check out these posts we loved this month! <3
- Anissa @ Of Wonderland shares nine v. helpful reading hacks
- Ava @ Bookishness and Tea discusses the importance of diverse YA romances and shares some of her favorite diverse couples in YA
- CW @ Read, Think, Ponder re-rates past reads and discusses why her ratings may have changed
- Jen @ Pop! Goes the Reader interviews Nina Lacour about her newest release, We Are Okay
- Reg @ She Latitude brings us a book look inspired by A Conjuring of Light by V. E. Schwab
- Jo @ Once Upon a Bookcase reviews Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor (and makes me even MORE excited to read it)
- Puput @ Sparkling Letters debuts her new monthly Diversity Corner feature
every book read this month
life & what’s happening
I don’t have a whole lot to report since my last weekly rewind post a few days ago. I was super busy with nonstop choir commitments all month, but it was all really fun! We have officially reached recital season at the School of Music– a bunch of my friends had their recitals last weekend (I’m literally livestreaming a friend’s graduate voice recital as I draft this post). It’s always so wonderful to see how people have grown as musicians over their years in music school. The catered receptions are always a plus, too. 😉 Otherwise, things are finally staring to quiet down in my life, existential crises about the future aside. The weather here in Georgia has been gorgeous lately, which has been lovely, and has really helped with my mental health.
Can you tell I’m a little bit excited to have this beautiful book in my hands?
Madalyn’s Look Ahead:
March is going to be such a great month!! First off, it’s my birthday month, and I’m turing 21, which is super exciting. I’m also traveling to Minneapolis for five days for the American Choral Directors Association National Conference. I’m going with a bunch of my music teacher friends, and it’s going to be wonderful. Then, I have spring break– my parents, conveniently enough, live on a beach, so I plan to go home for most of the week. Looking forward to some chill time reading on the beach. 🙂 I also have my recital hearing for my junior recital toward the end of the month– eek!!
king of the month
Madalyn’s Top Pick:
I mean, were you expecting anything less?
How was your month? Did you read anything excellent? Anything exciting coming up? Let’s chat in the comments; we’d love to know!