I cannot believe April is coming to an end already! It feels like yesterday that I sat down to write my March rewind. Read on to see what I’ve been up to in reading and life over the past month!
new on the blog
- [5 Apr] Geekerella: A Fangirl Fairy Tale by Ashley Poston ★★★½
- [13 Apr] Get It Together, Delilah! by Erin Gough ★★
- [20 Apr] Duels and Deception by Cindy Anstey ★★★★
- [24 Apr] Violet Grenade by Victoria Scott ★★★★
- [27 Apr] Girl Out of Water by Laura Silverman ★★★★
Also, I’m searching for a co-blogger! I’ve already had some fantastic people apply, but the application window is still open for another week. Please apply if you’re interested, and feel free to contact me with any questions! 🙂
our most anticipated may release(s)
Soooo many fantastic releases coming this month! Lord of Shadows is probably my number one most anticipated, but all of these are going to be fantastic. *heart eyes*
venturing around the blogosphere
Check out these posts we loved this month! <3
- Jen @ The Bookavid discusses how subjectivity is ruining your reviews
- Silvana @ The Book Voyagers lists 2017 releases with Latinx and/or Caribbean main characters
- Emily @ The Loony Literate talks about the upcoming 2017 releases she’s most excited about
- Cristina @ Girl in the Pages chats about annual reading goals
- CW @ Read, Think, Ponder wrote an amazingly helpful post with tips on writing positive reviews
- Lauren @ Bookmark Lit gives us some summer releases to add to our TBR pile
every book read this month
life & what’s happening
Well… I’m pretty much done with school for the semester! I have one more final Monday, but that one is super low-pressure, so I feel like I’m basically done. My friends and I are having a small party tonight to celebrate the end of the semester, which should be fun! April felt like a total blur, if I’m honest. I spent a large chunk of the month in the deepest depths of my depression. I’m happy to report that I feel much better now, but it was a really dark, frustrating time.
Here’s what I got up to this month, according to my Instagram!
My best friend and I visited the brand new cat cafe here in Atlanta, Java Cats! It was incredible. // I got to pet (and bottle-feed) a new baby calf on my grandparents’ farm over Easter weekend.
I’ve been experimenting with some new drink ideas at work! This was a London Fog with lavender and a little bit of coffee mixed in. // I got to hang out with Becky Albertalli at her UPSIDE release event!
May is gonna be FUN. I’m planning on spending the first few weeks working, hanging out with my friends, reading, and enjoying my time off school as best I can. I plan to go visit my parents in Florida for Mother’s Day. Then, at the end of the month, I leave for Austria and Germany!!! AHHHHHH. In case you don’t know, my university choir is headed to Europe to compete in an international choral competition in Germany! I could not be more excited. Not only is this trip pretty much completely paid for by the university, but I also get to travel abroad with my best friends in the universe to do something I love!
king of the month
This book was so, so beautiful. My review will be up this week!
How was your month? Did you read any awesome books or do anything noteworthy? What are your plans for May? Let’s chat in the comments!
Latest posts by Madalyn (see all)
- ARC Review: Serious Moonlight by Jenn Bennett - April 11, 2019
- Three on a Theme: Girls and Women in Online Communities | Guest Post - April 8, 2019
- Blog Tour: In the Neighborhood of True by Susan Kaplan Carlton | Review (+ Giveaway!) - April 4, 2019