Hi, everyone! As some of you might know, Novel Ink is in a bit of a transition period at the moment. Both Christy and Erica are moving onto other things– we’ll be writing a more detailed a post on this later this week, but I (Madalyn) will be taking over the blog for the time being. With that said… I could use some extra help! I know this summer is going to be a bit hectic for me, so I would love to have someone to share the responsibilities of Novel Ink. Therefore, I’m excited to announce my co-blogger search. I can’t wait to read your applications, and I hope one of you will join the Novel Ink team! <3
why should you join?
- You get to talk books with other bibliophiles! And not only books– we’re open to all your obsessions (Netflix, podcasts, music, etc.).
- You will be able to use our blog statistics to request ARCs, or for any other reason you might need them.
- You also will have access to the blog email address, where we receive review requests from authors and publishers.
- Really, you gain access to all the things we have here at Novel Ink. However, in order to ensure I can trust you, there will be a trial run before you are given full access to the blog and all of its perks.
- You’ll gain a friend! This might sound cheesy, but I’m a really social person, and that’s a huge part of why I joined the book community in the first place. I enjoy getting to know people who share my passions and interests. I’m always up for chatting about books (or anything else)!
what are the requirements?
- First and foremost, you must love books. That’s why we’re all here, isn’t it? I mainly read YA, so I’d love for that to be your main focus in terms of age range (note that “main” doesn’t have to mean “only!” I’m totally open to occasional reviews of middle grade, adult, or new adult titles.). However, most genres are fair game! I only ask that you only review books here on Novel Ink that comply with our review policy. My ideal co-blogger would also make an effort to read and review diverse and especially #ownvoices books. This is not a requirement, but preference will be given to those who do read diversely.
- I would like you to be active on social media; at a minimum, you must have Goodreads and Twitter.
- You must be able to post at least twice a week (ideally, one review post and one “other” post). I know life gets in the way sometimes and this won’t always be possible, so just make sure you communicate with me if something comes up!
- You need to be an active part of the blogging community. This includes replying to comments on your own posts, visiting and commenting on other people’s blogs, responding to people on social media, etc.
- You must let me know if you sign up for a blog tour, so we don’t both sign up for the same one.
- You need to be easily reached. I want to be able to contact you in a timely manner– for me, this means a two-day window through email, and a one-day window through Twitter DM. (Again, I get that life happens sometimes; this is just a general guideline.)
- Speaking of things getting in the way… if you are going on vacation, or you have an especially busy week coming up, or something else happens that will stop you from posting during any given time frame, you must let me know in advance.
You can absolutely apply even if you already own a blog or co-blog somewhere else. I just ask that you really think this through if you do blog somewhere else, because it could be quite time consuming.
↓ how do you apply? ↓
Please list the following information in your email:
- Name, age, country you live in
- Links to Goodreads, Twitter and any other social media accounts
- Link to your current blog (if you have one)
- What genres do you prefer to read?
- Why would you like to be a part of Novel Ink?
- Link to two reviews: one positive, one negative
- Tell me a little about yourself! This could be anything from your favorite color to your biggest aspirations. I truly want to get to know you to see if you’ll be a good fit for the blog.
- Do you have anything (travel or other) planned in the next few months that would interfere with blogging?
- What would you require from me?
- Any additional information you’d like to add!
Please send your email to email@example.com with the subject Co-Blogger Application.
I intend to keep this application open through at least the beginning of May; however, I will extend the application window if needed. Basically, I’ll keep it open for as long as it takes to find the right person, but the earliest I’ll consider making any decisions is in about two weeks. 🙂
Thank you all for reading! I can’t wait to read your applications. Also, I would greatly appreciate if you all could share this post! Thanks for your continued support! <3
Latest posts by Madalyn (see all)
- Weekly Novel Rewind (28) - April 21, 2018
- The LOVE, SIMON Book Tag! - April 19, 2018
- Waiting on Wednesday: The Spy with the Red Balloon by Katherine Locke - April 18, 2018