Hi, everyone! As some of you might have noticed, I’ve been a bit more MIA around here lately. My co-blogger, Bee, is busy being a new mom and is on an indefinite hiatus for the foreseeable future. I revamped my BookTube channel a few months ago, and managing my BookTube channel along with this blog to the standards I expect has been difficult. With that said… I’m not going anywhere, but I could use some extra help! I know this year is going to be a bit hectic for me, so I would love to have someone to share the responsibilities of Novel Ink. Therefore, I’m excited to announce my co-blogger search. I can’t wait to read your applications, and I hope one of you will join the Novel Ink team! <3
why should you join?
- You get to talk books with other bibliophiles! And not only books– I’m open to all the things you love (TV, movies, podcasts, music, etc.).
- You will be able to use our blog statistics to request ARCs, apply for opportunities, or for any other reason you might need them.
- You also will have access to the blog email address, where we receive review requests from authors and publishers.
- Really, you gain access to all the things I have here at Novel Ink. However, in order to ensure I can trust you, there will be a trial run before you are given full access to the blog and all of its perks.
- You’ll gain a friend! This might sound cheesy, but I’m a really social person, and that’s a huge part of why I joined the book community in the first place. I enjoy getting to know people who share my passions and interests.
what are the requirements?
- First and foremost, you must love books. That’s why we’re all here, isn’t it? I mainly read YA, so I’d love for that to be your main focus in terms of age range (note that “main” doesn’t have to mean “only!” I’m totally open to occasional reviews of middle grade, adult, or new adult titles.). However, most genres are fair game! I only ask that you only review books here on Novel Ink that comply with our review policy. My ideal co-blogger would also make an effort to read and review diverse and especially #ownvoices books. This is not a requirement, but preference will be given to those who do read diversely.
- I would like you to be active on social media; at a minimum, you must have Goodreads and Twitter.
- You must be able to post at least twice a week (ideally, one review and one “other” post). I know life gets in the way sometimes and this won’t always be possible, so just make sure you communicate with me if something comes up!
- You need to be an active part of the blogging community. This includes replying to comments on your own posts, visiting and commenting on other people’s blogs, responding to people on social media, etc.
- You must let me know if you sign up for a blog tour, so we don’t both sign up for the same one.
- You need to be easily reached. I want to be able to contact you in a timely manner– for me, this means a two-day window through email, and a one-day window through Twitter DM. (Again, I get that life happens sometimes; this is just a general guideline.)
- Speaking of things getting in the way… if you are going on vacation, or you have an especially busy week coming up, or something else happens that will stop you from posting during any given time frame, you must let me know in advance.
You can absolutely apply even if you already own a blog, YouTube channel, etc. or co-blog somewhere else. I just ask that you really think this through if you do create content somewhere else, because it is a time commitment of, at minimum, a few hours per week.
↓ how do you apply? ↓
Please list the following information in your email:
- Name, age, country you live in
- Links to Goodreads, Twitter, and any other social media accounts
- Link to your current blog (if you have one)
- What genres do you prefer to read?
- Why would you like to be a part of Novel Ink?
- Link to two reviews: one positive, one negative
- Tell me a little about yourself! This could be anything from your favorite color to your biggest aspirations. I truly want to get to know you to see if you’ll be a good fit for the blog.
- Do you have any experience with WordPress, making graphics, or other skills relevant to book blogging? (Note: it’s totally fine if not! I just want to get an idea of your baseline!)
- Do you have anything (travel or other) planned in the next few months that would interfere with blogging?
- What would you require from me?
- Any additional information you’d like to add!
Please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Co-Blogger Application.
I intend to keep this application open through the end of January; however, I will extend the application window if needed. Basically, I’ll keep it open for as long as it takes to find the right person, but the earliest I’ll consider making any decisions is at the end of the month. 🙂
Thank you all for reading! I can’t wait to read your applications. Also, I would greatly appreciate if you all could share this post! Thanks for your continued support! <3
Latest posts by Madalyn (see all)
- Blog Tour: You Asked for Perfect by Laura Silverman | Review - February 14, 2019
- The Dead Queens Club by Hannah Capin - January 24, 2019
- Death Prefers Blondes by Caleb Roehrig - January 18, 2019