I’m so excited to be participating in the Bookentine ReadAThon, hosted by Ely & Michelle @ Tea & Titles. This readathon runs from Monday, February 13th to Monday, February 20th, and it focuses on reading contemporary novels.
- Read a book with red and/or pink on the cover.
- Read a book by an author you haven’t read before.
- Read a book featuring mental illness or disability.
- Pink on the cover: We Are Okay by Nina Lacour // I have adored all of Nina Lacour’s previous books, and I’m sure this one will be no different! She writes some of my favorite stories about queer girls. Bonus: this one comes out next week, on Valentine’s Day.
- Author I haven’t read before: The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis // I can’t believe I’ve never read a book by Minday McGinnis! I bought this one in an ebook deal a few months back after hearing nothing but rave reviews from some of my most-trusted bookish friends, so I’m excited to finally pick this one up. It supposedly offers brutally honest commentary on rape culture.
- Book featuring mental illness: Goodbye Days by Jeff Zentner // I loved Zentner’s debut, The Serpent King, and I hear this one tugs at your heart strings just as much. The main character in Goodbye Days struggles with panic attacks in the aftermath of the death of a close friend, and the book discusses both therapy and medication.
There you have it! Are you participating in Bookentine this year? If so, what’s on your TBR? Have you read any of these books?
Latest posts by Madalyn (see all)
- Waiting on Wednesday: Our Dark Duet by Victoria Schwab - May 24, 2017
- Weekly Novel Rewind (2) - May 20, 2017
- Mini Reviews: Recent Romance Reads! - May 18, 2017