I can’t believe it’s already time for #ARCAugust! ARC August is a reading challenge hosted annually by the lovely people of Read.Sleep.Repeat. This honestly couldn’t come at a better time for me, because my pile of physical and digital review copies has been steadily piling up for the last couple months, and I’d love to make a substantial dent in it. After the BookTubeAThon, which ends on August 5th, I’ll be devoting the rest of the month exclusively to physical and e-ARCs.
The rules for ARC August are fairly straightforward:
- Any Advanced Reading Copy counts as part of this reading challenge (including backlist titles!).
- No blog necessary to participate, but you’ll need to include some form of social media as part of your sign up.
- Use the hashtag #ARCAugust on social media to check in throughout the month.
This year, there is also an ARC August readathon being held the first weekend of the month (Aug. 4th-5th) to help participants get a jump start on their TBR, but as previously mentioned, I am participating in BookTubeAThon during that time and therefore will be unable to do the ARC August readathon.
When We Caught Fire is also on my BTAT TBR, so yay for doubling up! Unbroken, Hole in the Middle, and She Would Be King all release in September, so those are my top priorities here.
- Write reviews for at least 8 of the 11 books on my TBR.
- If I get approved for or sent any new ARCs during August, those will likely be added to my TBR, as well.
- Pass completed physical ARCs along to friends, #ownvoices reviewers, or other people who want to read them.
Are you participating in ARC August this year? Have you read any of the books on my TBR?