2016 Book Blogger Love-a-Thon
Dates: February 20, 12AM EST – February 22, 12AM EST
I did the love-a-thon last year and thought I would give it a go again this year. The first chat is a little early for me and so are the other things, but we’ll see how much I get done. I’m just hoping to spread the love! I hope this questionnaire let’s you guys get to know me a little better!
1. What’s your name? — erica <3
2. Where in the world are you blogging from? — the great U.S. of A.
3. How did you get into blogging in the first place? i felt like i needed a place to let me feelings out about books and none of my friends back home really read, so blogging it was — i was super nervous at first, but i found christy really quick and she helped me so much. i couldn’t be happier with my decision to start blogging!
4. How did you come up with your blog name? — christy had her blog, christy’s book addiction, and when i joined her she thought she would change it up since it wasn’t just christy anymore…we thought about it for some time and thought novel ink not only tied in with books, but christy and i both have tattoos so it fit in.
5. What genre do you read and review the most on your blog? — i’m actually going to be doing a post about this soon (my surprise of a favorite genre), but what i am probably known for is contemporary. i have always loved contemporary and romance and those are my happy place…they definitely are what i review the most of.
6. What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from reviews? — we do a novel rewind where christy and i share what we did the past two weeks, top ten tuesday, and we like to do discussion posts from time to time.
7. Best blogging experience so far? — when colleen hoover replied to an email of mine when i just started blogging, that made me smile so big.
8. Favorite thing about the blogging community? — i love how i can be myself and not worry about being judged – it’s my safe haven.
9. Name the 5 books you’re most excited for this 2016! — Throne of Glass (#5), The Rose and the Dagger — really those are the two i am most excited for…there are others, but i just want to focus on those two.
10. Name the 5 books you want to read this 2016 that you didn’t get to in previous years! — a court of thorns and roses, an ember in the ashes, november 9, the raven boys, requiem.
11. What’s an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read? — the revenge playbook.
12. Which book boy or girl would be your book BFF? — skylar from i’ll meet you there
13. Which book boy or girl would be your book boyfriend/girlfriend? — peeta mellark
14. Who would you recruit for your apocalypse squad (5 characters max) — katniss everdeen, harry potter, neville longbottom, luna lovegood & celaena sardothien
15. Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests? — yesterday i actually bought my first set to start calligraphy and i’m excited for that, i love design and binge watching netflix!
16. Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for? — knick knacks for the house or my room!
17. At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song – and it’s your song. What song would be playing? — as of right now, Pillowtalk by Zayn Malik.
18. Pick out either a book you want turned into a film/TV show, or a film/TV show you want turned into a book. — i would love to see maybe someday turned into a film…seeing what they would do with the characters would be amazing.
19. What would your dream library look like? — it would be all white bookshelves, filled with all the books with a nook on all four sides of the room…one outlooking the beach, the other a forest, one leading into another room & the other showing the gorgeous houses of greece. ah, now i want to be in this library.
20. Author you want to meet and sit down to tea with? — although you guys might hurt me for admitting this…i haven’t read the harry potter books, but i have seen the movies…even with that being said i would love to have tea with j.k. rowling.
I had a blast writing this up and letting you guys get to know me some more. In the comments below answer one of the questions above so I can get to know you more <3 Have a wonderful love-a-thon!